Lash Extension Information
What are Lash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions are synthetic individual lashes that are applied to the client’s natural eyelashes to add length, curl, thickness, and fullness. Natural eyelashes grow in and fall out in cycles, which occurs every 60-90 days. On average, a person can lose up to 20% of their natural lashes every two weeks. As your natural lashes shed, the eyelash extension attached to the natural lash, will drop as well. Two to three weeks refill is recommended to maintain the full eyelash look. The client, together with the technician’s advice, have the option to select from the different length, curl, and fullness for the desired look. The initial session for a full set of eyelash extensions takes 2-3 hours to complete. Two to three weeks fill, take about 1-2 hours to complete.
There are three different eyelash extensions styles to choose from:
Classic lashes are a single extension placed on a single natural lash, giving the client a beautiful and natural look,
Volume lashes are a cluster of multiple extensions placed on top of one natural lash, giving the client a more dramatic and full look and Hybrid lashes are a mixture of classic and volume styles for a beautiful and in between dramatic and natural look. The same eyelash extensions style may vary on different clients depending on the number of their natural eyelashes present and eyeshade.
How to prepare for your eyelash appointment:
• Make sure your eyelashes are as clean as possible. No mascara or eye makeup should be on your lashes. Any makeup residue will interfere with the eyelash extension adhesive causing the extensions to fall off prematurely.
• No oil-based products around the eye area.
• Taking a shower and washing hair before your appointment is recommended to keep your extensions dry for 24 hours after applications.
• Wear comfortable clothes and bring a blanket with you to your appointment. Trust me you'll want it for your lash nap!
• Do not curl your lashes with a lash curler.
• Please don't be late for your appointment.
• Avoid getting your lashes wet for 24 hours after applications.
• Avoid steam and heat sources such as hair dryers, ovens, saunas for 48 hours after application.
• Do not wear mascara.
• Do not use oil-based products around and on the eye area.
• Avoid sleeping on your face and rubbing or touching your eyes.
• Keep your eyelashes clean. Cleaner lashes have better retention. Any dirt, oil, or makeup residue will cause the extensions to fall off prematurely. Wash your eyelashes with water daily and with foam cleanser every three days.
• Brush your lashes every day using a clean mascara wand.
• Do not perm, tint, or curl your lashes.
If you are losing a lot of lashes in the first 3 days, PLEASE contact Emily right away to come in for a free touch-up. If you wait any longer to let us know, we will have to unfortunately charge for a touch-up fill. It's our number one priority to make sure you are 100% satisfied so please don't wait to contact Emily if you have any issues at all.
Important to consider:
Natural lash health is our priority! Not every client is the right candidate for eyelash extensions. A wrong extension size can cause damage to the natural lashes. Emily will ensure that the proper extension size and style for their natural lashes are used. If Necessary, Emily will advise clients to take a break from their extensions or switch to a lighter set, if any signs of possible damage are present. Eyelash extensions should never be twisting, itching, or irritating. Any discomfort should be notified to the lash technician and further action taken. Allergic reaction to the adhesive is not common but possible. Immediate removal by your technician is strongly recommended. NO REFUNDS.